Things I have learned in Honduras:
- Hard work is the cure to everything.
- I am stronger than I ever thought I was.
- People have agency.
-The Savior suffered every single pain, affliction, and injustice.
- I am not perfect and that is okay.
- Not all operating rooms are clean.
- The adversary has power but he will never win.
- God protects His children.
- The Book of Mormon is the answer to every question.
- God answers prayers in His time.
- Always use bug spray.
- There is only one true church.
- A true scout sings and laughs in his trials.
- Heavenly Father keeps His promises when we keep ours.
- I will never get rid of my gringa accent.
- When they whistle in the streets don’t turn back (remember Lot’s wife)
- Through the Atonement we can become like He is.
- There is only one valid baptism.
Now these are just a few things that I have learned but really I knew them all along but in these last 18 months I have had the opportunity to defend the truths that I had been taught when I was young. I have been able to do things I never ever thought possible and it is only through the Savior that I was able to fill a mission. I am so grateful that He trusted in me, as imperfect as I am, to serve in His vineyard. I love the people of Honduras and it will always have a piece of my heart (and appendix).
The church is true.